Yeast infections in women have been particular cause of concern. An understanding of why such an infection occurs is very important. A strain of the yeast family, scientifically known as Candida Albicans is present in the vagina of a woman who falls within the child bearing age group. Such a strain of yeast causes infection if it is not countered.
The interesting part is that the counter attack for such a yeast infection is with the help of a bacterium that goes by the scientific name of Lactobacillus acidophilus. This bacterium also naturally occurs in the vagina itself. Therefore, at any point when the quantity of bacteria falls short of countering the yeast attacks, there is an infection, which results in much itching and burning in the region.
Knowledge of the cause is necessary to find out if yeast infections can be remedied at home. Now it has been found out that home remedies are easily available for yeast infections. As mentioned above yeast infection occurs when the balance between the infection causing strain of yeast and the countering strain of bacteria fall out of balance. The remedies that can be tried at home must be those which help in regaining of this balance, curing the yeast infection.
The following is a simple guide to the number of options one has in case one is struck by such an ailment:
- First let us consider all the external remedies for the infection that would include making concoctions to apply to the affected region to subside the burning. But in many cases such concoctions would help only to relieve the itch, and not cure the infection completely. The following can be aapplied to the affected region
* Diluted apple cider vinegar, to which garlic can be added
* One teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide diluted in one cup of water
* Solution of 2 tablespoons of vinegar or lemon juice in a quarter cup of water
* Paste of elm powder in water
* Juice of aloe vera
- Apart from these there are tonics and solutions that can be prepared at home in order to be internally consumed to help cure the infection faster. This can be done alongside the application of the paste and juice mentioned above.
* Consumption of two glasses of buttermilk every day
* Including curd and related products to the daily diet helps prevent the occurrence of such an infection.
* Grapefruit seeds and olive leaves can be extracted and taken with a glass full of water